Saturday, July 1, 2023

Sleepy Hollow (Tarrytown, New York) - "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" (Author Washington Irving)

 https://spillwords.com/author/phyllispcolucci/

https://www.amazon.com/Phyllis-P.-Colucci/e/B00VMU8B44

 

Good Day All:

Would love to share this with you...June 30th (yesterday) was my birthday, and this year my Son asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I responded that I wanted to visit Sleepy Hollow in Tarrytown, New York, and look for "The Headless Horseman" (LOL)! - then I would love to have dinner at LaNonna's Restaurant on Kent Avenue, in Brooklyn, New York, for some really fine, delicious Italian food with a classy atmosphere as well (both inside and outside in the restaurant's front garden)... So that is how I spent my birthday; and I had a fabulous time thanks to my sweet, generous, handsome Son. 

...Unfortunately, I never found the Headless Horseman during our search around the Old Dutch Church and inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. However, I did find Author Washington Irving's grave and his family's gravesite. I then thought, perhaps, I can dig him up and possibly rewrite "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" together with him (since I am a writer), and since I was unable to locate the Headless Horseman. We could change the plot around a bit and come to some agreement on where the Headless Horseman may be right now in current times...Of course I am just joking and I absolutely loved "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" as Washington Irving wrote it. May he rest in eternal peace with all of the other great writers who have gone before him. 

I learned Mr. Irving actually wrote this piece abroad, in England, although the setting took place in Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, New York, where Mr. Irving resided until his death on November 28, 1859. (He was born April 3, 1783 in New York, New York, into an affluent  family; and was the favorite and last of 11 children.)

(CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS OF OUR ADVENTURE, BELOW):







 



















No comments:

Post a Comment