Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Table Lamps - Let the Light Shine

 

http://spillwords.com/author/phyllispcolucci/      

https://www.amazon.com/Phyllis-P.-Colucci/e/B00VMU8B44

 

Good Day All:

Just wanted to share a photo of this table lamp (bought two of them at "Wayfair" online). I fell in love with these lamps as I kept looking at them online for about a week, until I decided that they should be mine - so I ordered them. They found a home in my living room and I am glad they did, because they are stunning to me. They add a touch of romance with a hint of the Victorian era, which I find absolutely intriguing.

 


SO I SAY:

"Let the Light Shine"

(A Victorian Lamplight)

 

A Lamplight glows

A Lamplight speaks

It tells a tale of romance

It lights up a room with love

Victorian-era essence

Casts its glow from long ago

Shadows of the past

Visits in the Present

Taking a seat in my welcoming home

Transcending time forever

Telling the Secrets generations kept hidden

Some were quite endearing

While others sadly forbidden

Its Lamplight lives on

Nurtured by spirits of the past

Existing by lives of the present

Oblivious to a new future

While gracing this lovely abode

It has seen life, death, joy and love

Peace, hope; prayers from up above

With flickering stare and eternal light

It comforts us from morning ‘til night

It has wiped away our tears

It has stripped away our fears

It has laughed as loud as I

It has separated truth from lie

It has blanketed us on a winter’s night

When we felt cold and full of fright

It shielded us from thrashing winds outside

And flickered a smile from our table with pride

It hears our conversations

With family and friends upon the sofa

Some words are harsh, many are kind

My lamplight knows what was on our mind

It understands the human way

It shares our lives every day

It never judges or turns its back

Always filled with patience

A virtue we humans sometimes lack

...Yesterday, Today or Tomorrow

History will come and go

New faces will make their entrance

Greeted by the mystical glow

of a stately Victorian Table Lamp

…One I will forever be honored to know!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment