Wednesday, March 31, 2021

...On Poetry and Fiction – Just “One Word” Away (Portrait)

 

http://spillwords.com/author/phyllispcolucci/      

https://www.amazon.com/Phyllis-P.-Colucci/e/B00VMU8B44

 

            One word becomes one idea, becomes one sentence, becomes one poem, becomes one story. It must start from just “one word”. Today my one word is “Portrait”.

       


 

Portrait


She was living on a wall

above a fireplace

in a strange house I had visited

A family house; part of an Estate

 

I walked past her, when our eyes locked

She was young

She was beautiful

She was mystifying

 

This Portrait of a stranger captivated me

I continued to stare

To stare deeply into her sparkling blue eyes

Eyes which held all of her secrets

- Was she smiling? Was she crying?

- Was she happy? Was she sad?

- Was she trying to tell me something?

 

I placed my hand upon hers

which she held below her chin

Her dark hair fell softly upon her shoulders

Her red lips anxious to speak

I felt electricity run through my body

She reached out to me

Reached out in a bizarre way

Yet I felt the connection -

 

She once lived in this house

Her Spirit echoed about…

and although youthful in the Portrait

and ageless in my mind,

She was as old as this stately abode

 

Then suddenly “he” crept up behind me;

A distant cousin I had recently met

He tapped my shoulder with his hand

and introduced me to her -

“This is your Great Grandmother”

 

…Our eyes locked once again -

Yet, this time, she smiled back at me

and I felt our hearts beat as one…

 

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR                                                      

            A Portrait of someone special brings them to life through a painting. Living or deceased, their personality, smile, characteristics, and sheer essence are represented through color and brushstrokes. If you stare closely into their eyes, you will see their soul, feel their happiness, experience their sadness, know their pain, touch their heart and vice versa. It’s a magical connection through skillful artistry.

(Photo copied from Pinterest)

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment