Monday, January 29, 2018

...On Poetry and Fiction - Just "One Word" Away (Nature)

 
 
 

 
 

Poetry and Fiction – Just “One Word” Away (Nature)
           
            Creating Poetry and/or Fiction is just “one word” away. One word becomes one idea, becomes one sentence, becomes one poem, becomes one story. You get to choose one special word, and allow the magic to happen. The power behind “one word” will prove magnificent. Just “one word” will breathe life into your poetry and place your fiction on the wondrous road of make believe. Just “one word” will lead your poetry and fiction into the hearts and minds of readers around the world. Remember, however, that it all must start from just “one word”. Today my one word is “Nature”.


NATURE

                “Nature” introduced itself to me this morning, as I was making my way to the park. It spoke to me with a sprinkle of rain from its lips and a hint of sunshine from its eyes. I opened my raincoat and let it in, then wrapped my arms around it like a good friend. We continued to walk. We continued to talk. We smiled, we laughed, we skipped over puddles. Then we strolled through the park as “Nature” continued to speak. The trees swayed, lightning hit, thunder roared, and we ran for shelter. Once we made it safely under a brick enclosure, “Nature” left me standing there with a last sprinkle of rain from its lips. It touched me and kissed me, then said “good-bye”. I sadly watched as “Nature” took off and went about its business. I patiently waited until all calmed down, in hopes “Nature” would be back to walk me home.


                              NATURE

Nature is Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall
     The whispering wind and echoing bird call
     The colored leaves that fall from trees
     And the thunder that brings us to our knees

It’s the sun that brightens the world with love
     It’s the audubon flight of an innocent dove
     It’s the rain that spills from a crying cloud
     And the kiss from a breeze so soft and proud

It’s the snow that blankets the world in white
    As we watch it fall with sheer delight
    It’s the song of the heavens; one great melody
    It’s the sound of Nature; in full harmony


No comments:

Post a Comment